Schedule a traveling school field trip that comes to yoU!
- In-school science workshops that move from classroom to classroom.
- Hands-on science programs; tactile and kinesthetic learning.
- Over 80 science themes complementing the Tennessee Science Standards.
- Book one grade at a time or the entire school for a discount.
- Can be scheduled for one day or over as many days as you require.
- Each workshop takes 45 minutes then moves to the next classroom.
- We accommodate your grade size and schedule.
- Perfect for Elementary, Middle, High, Montessori and Pre K.
- Schedule 2 in-classroom workshops for the school year and get a 3rd FREE.
- For large schools or difficult schedules we can send 2 or more Science Guys.
How Do I Schedule an In-School Field Trip?
- Decide on 2-3 optional dates for workshops.
- Choose one workshop theme per visit (over 80 to choose from).
- Contact us for a quote with your preferred dates, start time, number of classes and approximate number of children.
- We will get back to you asap with cost and availability!
* $200 minimum per visit within 1 hour of Nashville **Travel fees may apply for distances over 1 hour depending on number of participants.
Over 80 STEM Workshops to choose from
Aerodynamics/Aviation (Sometimes called Indoor Rockets or Straw Rockets) | Air Pressure | Anatomy | Animal Habitats | Bones | Bugs & Insects | Changing states | Chemical Reactions | Chemistry | CSI | Cotton Candy Science | Decomposers | Digestion | Dinosaurs | DIY Bouncy Balls | DNA | Dry Ice | Earth Features | Earthquakes | Electric Circuits | Electricity | Electro-magnets, Magnets, Magnetic Fields | Electroplating | Energy | Environment | Explosions | Filters | Five senses | Food Chain | Forces and Motion | Forces of nature | Forensics | Fossils | Genetics | GeoBlast! | Geology (Minerals & Fossils) | Gliders | Hands-on Bubbles | Heavenly bodies | History of Science | Hover-Crafts | Human Body | Hygiene | Kitchen Chemistry | Lasers | Laws of Motion | Light and Rainbows | Magnetic fields | Magnets | Matter or States of Matter | Metals vs Non-Metals | Minerals | Molecules | Natural Disasters | Nature | Newton's Run - requires 1.5 HRS Mainly for Middle and High school | O2/H2/CO2 | Oceanography | Organs | Owl Pellets | Periodic Table | Physical Changes | Planets | Pollution | Recycling | Rocket Launches | Rocketry | Scientific Method | Silly Putty | Simple Machines | SLIME | Solids/Liquids/Gase | Sound or Sound Effects (FX) | Space: planets, moon, sun, earth | Space: rocketry, indoor rocket launches | Static vs. Current Electricity | Structures | Taste and Smell | Universe | Vacuums | Volcanoes | Walloping weather | Water Absorbing Materials | Water Cycle | Worms
suggested STEM Field Trip Themes By Grade
We've reviewed the new State Standards and updated our suggested workshops. We still have over 80 to choose from!
Kindergarten Science Workshops
K- PS1 Solids and Liquids
K- LS1 Five Senses with Cotton Candy!
K- ESS3 Animal, Vegetable, Mineral *includes worms
K- ETS1 Engineering Design Process
1st Grade Workshop Themes
1- PS4 Properties of Light
1- LS2 Plants, Soils and WORMS!
1- ETS1 Scientific and Engineering Practices (formerly known as the Scientific Method)
2nd Grade Workshop Themes
2- PS2 & PS3 FUNdamental Forces
2- PS4 Sound
2- LS1 & LS2 Owl Pellets
2- ETS1 Simple Machines
3rd Grade Science Field Trip Themes
3- PS1 States of Matter
3- PS2, PS3 Magnets
3- ESS2 Weather
4th Grade Science Field Trip Themes
4- PS3 F=ma
4- PS4 Lasers & Waves
4- LS4 Fossils
4-ESS1 Earth in Space
4- ETS1 Structures
5th Grade Science Field Trip Themes
5- PS1 Lava Lamps Miscibility
5- LS3 DNA
5- ESS1 Space: Planets, Moon, Sun, Earth
5- ETS1 Aerodynamics
6th Grade Science Workshops
6- PS3 Electroplating
6- PS3 Batteries
6- PS3 Kinetic and Potential Energy
6- PS3 Thermal Energy
7th Grade Science Workshops
7.PS1.1,5 Periodic Table
7.PS1. 1,2,3,4 Molecule Structures
8th Grade Science Workshops
- 8- PS2 Energy
- 8-PS4.1 Making Waves
- 8.PS2. 2,3,4: Motion and Stability
High School Programs
- Dry ice
- Periodic table
- Explosions (dry ice, vinegar/baking soda/alka seltzer
- Elephant toothpaste
- Cotton candy science
- Chemical Reactions
- Build an Electric Car